Composting is an essential service! We are on the front lines collecting organic waste throughout the city of Boston and its surrounding areas. With the spread of this new COVID19 virus, different branches of society have collectively been working together from afar to support different members of the community. Through the lens of solidarity, we are inspired to see this happening in Boston. While this pandemic has caused
us to retreat into our homes in order to help stop the spread, in a way, it has brought to light the importance of community and connection. The virtual community we are creating is full of information, encouragement, resources and we wanted to do our part to share the compost-friendly cleaning practices we are doing during this time with all of you.
One way everyone can take action during this time is through extra hygiene and cleanliness in the workplace. Sanitation and cleanliness has always been at the center of CERO’s operation when collecting organic material. Now more than ever, it is crucial to pay extra attention to the details. Our truck drivers who pick up organic waste around the Boston area are taking all necessary precautions to keep themselves safe while doing a thorough sanitation of each tote that is picked up. Since our beginnings, we have always made sure cleanliness was a top priority for our composting clients so, after each pickup, the totes would be returned sparkling clean. Now, we are adding even more sanitation measures to ensure that all surfaces are free of unwanted bacteria. As seen in the recent picture taken below, masks, and protective gear are being worn and an anti-virus cleaner is being used to spray each tote after food is brought to local farms for composting.
- Regularly clean high touch surfaces around your home such as tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, handrails, toilets, etc.
- If a surface is dirty, first clean with soap and water and use any of the following disinfectants to further clean area:
- Biodegradable soap and water
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Isopropyl Alcohol (allow to sit on the area for 30 seconds)
- Remember to clean and disinfect your car! Areas such as the steering wheel, seatbelts, and car handles are high-risk areas so make sure to wipe your car down when you can.
- Wash your hands regularly for 30 seconds or more and don’t touch your face or mouth.
- Remember to disinfect the mailbox area!
For more information, we have listed some helpful articles below:
6 All-Natural Cleaning Products You Can Make At Home
Cleaning and Hygiene Tips to Keep COVID out of Home
SELF CARE TIPS TO KEEP SPIRITS LIFTED DURING THIS HEAVY TIME:
- Staying virtually connected to family, friends, colleagues, and other support systems can bring fulfillment and a feeling of unity.
- Avoid burnout and overwork at home. Take periodic breaks from the screen to stretch, have some coffee or tea, or anything else that serves as a refreshing treat!
- Meditation, relaxation, and conscious breath-work serve as anecdotes to high levels of stress, fear and anxiety.
- Explore the myriad of online content being created, who knows, you might discover something new!
Self-care for Social Workers
Take Care of Yourself During Pandemic
Protect Mental Health During COVID 19