Become a part of the Boston-based worker-owned cooperative, winner of 2018 Mass Sustainable Businesses of the year. Our mission is to create good green jobs for Boston Residents while promoting environmental and economic justice in our communities. All jobs at CERO cooperative offer the benefits of a worker-ownership.
Sales and Customer Success Coordinator
Responsible for executing the sales team strategy and ensuring the retention of customers. This is an ownership-track position, perfect for an early career professional looking for long term growth in the sustainability field.
The Sales & Customer Success Coordinator is primarily responsible for inbound and outbound sales and maintaining existing customer relationships. Responsibilities are detailed below:
1. Execute Sales Team Strategy (Outbound and Inbound)
• Generate 30 qualified leads and 2-3 new sales contracts monthly
• Schedule and conduct walkthroughs to qualify or unqualify potential customers
• Generate quotes and service agreements according to established sales procedures
• Onboard new customers, including scheduling equipment delivery, identifying account contacts, keeping accurate records of account information, and training on-site staff
• Contribute to developing a vision for sales growth
2. Ensure the maintenance of detailed records for Marketing and Sales
• Track all Sales activity and keep CRM up-to-date
• In consultation with Data Administrator, continuously evaluate and improve sales record keeping systems
3. Serve as a responsive contact with customers and partners
• Resolve customer service issues, provide customer training, and execute monthly customer outreach
• Proactively seek out and attend networking/procurement events
4. Miscellaneous cooperative support responsibilities
• Attend cooperative education meetings and weekly sales team meetings
• Check in regularly with team members re. shared responsibilities
Skills that are essential for the role include:
1. Demonstrated interest in Sales and Customer Service.
2. Computer proficiency and the ability to learn digital systems quickly.
3. 1-3 years of previous B2B Sales Experience, preferred but not required.
4. Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently in order to meet all responsibilities.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with diverse co-workers in a democratic workplace environment.
7. A familiarity with the Greater Boston Area, environmental sustainability, and movements for social and environmental justice.
8. Commitment to developing and promoting the CERO brand in the marketplace, online, and on the ground.
9. Passion for our mission - composting, sustainability, community.
CERO is a Worked-Owned Cooperative business and team members need to be open to:
• Active participation in CERO.
• Treating everyone in the workplace fairly and as equal, regardless of racial identity, ethnic identity, mental health, ability, or gender identity.
• Thoroughly understanding CERO’s mission, goals, and our co-op’s connection with a larger solidarity movement to build a sustainable and equitable local economy.
• Learning and participating effectively in our worker cooperative model and in the development of a cooperative organizational culture.
Commercial Garbage Truck Driver Wanted
Boston based worker owned cooperative seeks responsible professional CDL truck driver, for growing organic waste collection business. Apply for a good local driving job and get the opportunity to become a worker owner with CERO, one of Boston/s most successful sustainable W/MBE businesses.
• Job requires up-to-date medical card and references of professional driving experience.
• The right person for this job is ready to work early mornings, perform physical labor such as moving and cleaning equipment.
• Must get along well with team members and customers, have an excellent driving record and temperament for engaging in a diverse workplace.
Pay: Experienced CDL drivers will be paid $20/hr. to start, eligible for increases after probationary period.
• Must have a current valid CDL truck driver’s license, excellent driving record and a minimum 2 years experience driving trucks.
• Professional skills - clean personal presentation, must wear uniform and safety equipment provided, reliable attendance is required.
• Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and be consistent in responding to telephone, text and email communications.
• Referrals from previous employers are required.
•Able and willing to do physical labor that includes moving heavy containers, industrial cleaning and working with food waste in varied weather conditions.
• Experience working with community based organizations and/or interest in working in a cooperative business preferred.
• Commitment to participating as part of a multicultural, multigenerational workplace to learn new skills and help build our cooperative business.
• Returning citizens, Spanish speakers and Boston residents encouraged to apply.